Monday, September 12, 2011

Getting closer...

Today we had our 36 week checkup and the first thing my doctor said was, “I can’t believe we have made it this far!”  We feel the same way.  We are so thankful that thus far we have not had any complications.  We will continue to pray that this little cowboy finishes up the final stages of development without any issues.  It is such a relief to know that within a couple weeks’ time he will officially be considered fully developed.  I gained a pound between the two weeks (good news considering I have been indulging in nachos probably a few times too many) and the baby is measuring right on track.  Our next appointment is next Monday.  Our doctor reported that he will be out of the town for the weekend so we hope we have an uneventful weekend, but he assured us that the on-call doctor is great.  He also reported that at our next appointment we will discuss the induction, if baby does not come on his on.  I have been having more Braxton Hicks contractions and feeling the baby dropping more and more.  My average for nighttime bathroom breaks is probably 5+.  I can’t believe that we are getting this close!!
Life at our house has been pretty mundane the
past few days but I'll share some moments…
Cowboy thought he was big stuff watching his DVD player in "his room." 
Little did he know this was our way of NOT watching Nick Jr for a while.

I hated that I missed out on celebrating both my sister and sister-in-law's birthdays this past weekend.  It was nice to visit with them over the phone and we plan on celebrating with Kallahan once he arrives. 
Happy Birthday Samantha & Tiffany!!

No comments:

Post a Comment