Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Under Contract!!

I have to start out by reporting that we are truly blessed!  God is taking such good care of us and our prayers have been answered, the “old house” is under contract!!  I joked about the desire of having a “second home” but really didn’t like the idea of having two house payments, ha!  The buyer wants to move in as soon as possible so we are getting in gear about getting the “new house” all ready.  Pretty much all the painting is completed aside from the main living area.  We plan on starting that this weekend with a short break to attend my company Christmas Party on Saturday night. 
Today the carpets were stretched (they look so much better) and tomorrow they will be cleaned.  In addition, today Tyler installed the stamped tin back splash in the kitchen.  He has been such a stud through this entire process.  I love my handy cowboy!  All the bedrooms had double chair rails that I just hated.  He was able to tear them down and retexture all the walls before we painted.  They all look great – I will post pics once the rooms are set up.  I do have a sneak peek of our guest bathroom cabinet redo (take note of the child labor).  My sister’s family was so helpful on our first weekend warrior renovation.   

I did not care for the original blond wood so we sanded them down, primed and painted them with a very dark brown oil based paint and replaced the hardware.  We also toned down the paint to a more neutral color.  I plan on  using accesories to bring in more color.   

We had a chilly blast last week at our local Christmas Light Parade.  Baby cowboy stayed with Granny since it was so cold but Tyler and Keeler got to ride in a combine while I rode in a Gator with Santa down the parade procession.

Update: I have had people asking how baby cowboy is doing with his colic.  Thankfully, he is doing so much better.  We really think that his discomfort was mainly gas.  We changed out his bottles to Dr. Browns, per recommendation of my sister in law (thanks Tiff!) and he is doing so much better.


“”Give us this day our daily bread” is probably the most perfectly constructed and useful sentence ever set down in the English language." - P.J. Wingate

 

No comments:

Post a Comment