Monday, November 3, 2014

Oh Toodles!!

This weekend we attended a fall costume party for my Ladies of Junior Civic club.  It's the first time in years that Tyler and I have dressed up so I was pretty excited and I immediately started trying to come up with the perfect couples' costume.  
And let me tell you, it wasn't easy. 
We finally settled on Mickey & Minnie Mouse and I LOVED it!  Tyler was such a good sport and this my friends, is number 1,579,563 why I love him so much!
It's the one day a year you can wear anything you want and I apparently wanted to feel like a fancy five year old.  Fluffy skirt and bows everywhere.
 
We didn't have to buy much to pull the costumes together. I already had this darling dress (which I was thrilled to get to wear again) and I made our ears out of headbands, felt, cardboard and a little glue.  Then we pinned buttons made of felt to Tyler's red shorts.  Seriously, easy peasy.

We had so much fun at the party and the other couples had some great ideas too.
None of us wanted to spend much money so the creativity in coming up with something was the best part.
Lois Lane, a señorita, Wenda - Waldo's girlfriend, Wilma Flintstone, Minnie Mouse, a mail order bride & a flapper girl!

In addition to our party, we had the best time celebrating the holiday with the little cowboys. 
  Friday afternoon, I helped with Keeler's school party.
I loved getting to see all the costumes a get to know his classmates.  
We went trick-or-treating at the local care home and then back to the classroom for games.
When we got in the car to head home, Keeler said, "I knew my friends would like you.  You're just like Samantha (my sweet sister that teaches preschool) and EVERYONE likes Samantha."  Well, thanks little buddy and of course I had to call my sis and share the good news :) 
We also went downtown for the Trick-or-Treat Trail, had a nice family dinner out and then went to a few select houses to trick-or-treat.  Kallahan wasn't too big into trick-or-treating this year... after he got a few pieces of candy he preferred to stay in the car, eat his candy and requested that we "go home" multiple times.  Then he ended up crashing before we even pulled into the drive.  
 
{My sleepy little rodeo clown}
I hope you had the best Halloween!  
Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment