Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Treats & Tears

Fire Chief Keeler and Dalmatian Kallahan had a great Halloween!  
Keeler's costume was bought at our local gift shop this summer for play.  It's a Melissa & Doug role-play outfit.  He has enjoyed it so much.  I wanted the little cowboys to be a pair and since Keeler was set on fire chief I had to think of something.   What better than a fireman and a fire dog!  I picked up the dalmatian ears at a Halloween store and hand sewed them onto one of his many beanies.  I painted a white onsie with craft paint, paired it with little black pants and voila!  :)
Sabra and I took the boys downtown to the local main street trick or treat trail and then in the evening Tyler and I took them around town to a handful of family and friend’s houses.  Keeler was so cute making sure that he said “trick or treat” and most importantly, “thank you” after each treat.  I loved seeing the enthusiasm in his little eyes over the holiday.  He marched up the streets saying, “I’m not scared!” – to the tune of Going on a Bear Hunt. 
2010 Halloween Throwback:

------------------------
Right now, it’s way past our regular bedtime but for the past three nights Tyler and I are getting accustomed to little to no sleep.  Our baby cowboy is having a hard time.  He has been sleeping less and crying for a large majority of the night.  We try to comfort him but nothing seems to help.  We are pretty sure it is just colic and hope it plays is out soon.  I have done some research and asked around and the description seems to fit him to a T:  Colic - a condition in which an otherwise healthy baby cries or displays symptoms of distress (cramping, moaning, etc) frequently and for extended periods, without any discernible reason. The condition typically appears within the first month of life and often disappears rather suddenly, before the baby is three to four months old, but can last upto 12 months of life. The crying often increases during a specific period of the day (lucky us – right when we are ready to go to bed).  We know that we will get through it and just hope that this precious little cowboy gets over it soon.  Well, now he is sweetly sleeping in my lap so I better seize the opportunity to catch some sleep myself.  Night!

“Babies are always more trouble than you thought and more wonderful.”- Charles Osgood

No comments:

Post a Comment