Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weekend Whoas!

I can't believe that we are already into the middle of July!  Where is the summer going?
Here's just a few highlights from the weekend {for my memory}.
Keeler attended another local church's VBS during the week.  On Friday evening the children put on a program and then had a family night which included hot dogs and bouncy houses - every kids dream.  Tyler's grandparents from Idaho came into town on Friday and so did his dad and little brother, Wesley.  I took Wesley to the family night and him and Keeler had a great time.  We don't get to see Wesley enough so it was fun spending time with him.  He loves telling people that he is Keeler's uncle.  
 On Saturday morning we got up and partipcated in the local fair kick-off parade.  I took the little cowboys and Wesley.  Kallahan was so cute.  He rode in the wagon and helped me pass out candy.  He was quite the pro and was waving at everyone.  After the parade we met up with Tyler and his dad.  We ate pizza and watermelon at the house. After lunch the little boys played and then we all went for a swim while Kal took a nap.
In the evening Tyler grilled steaks and the boys played in the yard with the neighbors.  
On Sunday we met Tyler's grandparents for lunch.  After nap-time they came back over to the house and just hung out.  It is always so nice to get to visit with them.  Keeler and Kal eat all the extra attention right up!
In the evening we enjoyed a water balloon fight!!
 ...after we dried off and had dinner the little cowboys and I made homemade ice-cream for the fair this week.  {My Jr.Civic club hosts a ice cream social on Thursday.}  In the past I have always convinced Tyler to make it for me but this year Keeler took over.  I was so impressed with him.  He monitored the machine and kept the ice/salt where it needed to be.  Luckily we ended up with some extra so everyone got a little sample.  I think it's safe to say we made a very yummy batch!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment