Friday, June 13, 2014

Fabulous on Friday!

I'm so glad it's finally Friday!  This week has been busy.  The weekend is going to be even busier but we're looking forward to it because we have a lot of fun with family planned.  
So what kept us so busy this week?  Here's a quick recap...

Keeler had two t-ball games this week.  He really seems to enjoy playing and is getting more comfortable every game. 
Mimi came up this week to watch him play.  She has been so great by supporting him.  Over Memorial Day she took him shopping for all his gear - it was so sweet and made everything very special to him.  He was so excited to have her around for a few days... both the little cowboys were.  During the day they had so much playing, going to the park, and attending "Camp Mimi" - aka t-ball practice.  Thursday night's game, Keeler felt like quite the big shot - see the picture of the people in stands above?  Yep, that's Keeler's own personal cheering section!  We are so thankful and overjoyed with all the support from family and friends.  Tyler was asked to be a base coach on Thursday too - I think Keeler really liked having his dad on the field.  What great memories we're making.  

We've been busy getting festive for the 4th of July.  Come take a looksie!
I call this my "design on a dime."  I found my metal star last year after the holiday on clearance at a local hardware store - I was so excited to finally get it out.  Found the red lanterns here.  The other day I blogged about my DIY painted Pottery Barn flag - it's not as big as I wanted but overall it turned out ok.  I wanted it for above the mantel but ended up liking the looks of it down below better. 
When I ordered my lanterns I also ordered red, white and blue gumballs to fill my hurricane vases.  
 On both the mantel and in the kitchen, I hung this flag banner.

 I was "inspired" by this Pottery Barn 4th of July burlap banner.  
I recreated the design digitally, printed on card stock, cut out, punched a hole on the corners and hung with some twine.  
I've included the image templates below.  Just click, download and print as a full page.  
There are two pennants per page.  Print as many as you like for the length of banner you desire!  



Pin It


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment