Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Happy Trails to Sabra

This week I had the privilege of hosting one of my best friend's going away party through our Junior Civic club.  Sabra came into my life over four years ago through club and has been an amazing gal to get to know.  
When she called me just a few weeks ago, she said she had big news to share and I just knew it was going to be "I'm pregnant!!" ... but my heart sank and I had to hold back the tears when my dear friend said, "We're moving back to Texas."  
I couldn't help but be happy for them as I've known all along this has been their ultimate goal - to get back home.
Sabra was my fellow "Texas transplant"  and aside from that we share A LOT of other things in common.  We both went to Texas Tech, we love digital design, shopping, party planning, etc...  
So we were obviously kinda "friend soul-mates" :)  
This all in mind I knew that I needed to throw her an over-the-top going away party.  And what does Sabra like most???  TEXAS!!  So I emailed our sweet club members and told them to dust their boots off and tease their hair big because we're going to have Sabra a "Happy Trails" going-away bash - Texas Style.
We kept the menu simple: chips & queso, Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip, Sabra Hummus (fitting, right?), margaritas/beer and then Natalie and I made these adorable cookies.  I can't really take any credit - Natalie did all the work and I was more moral support. 
Sabra was so surprised.  I was so happy that we pulled it off. 
As a gift, I made her this printable.
"Not everything is better in TEXAS...you'll always have the best of friends in KANSAS!"
 It brought tears to her eyes and at that moment I knew this party was a success.  We just love this girl and she'll be greatly missed.
 For fun I had some cute photo booth props and then we played "Texas Style Charades."
It was a really fun night.
We're gonna miss ya' girl.  We can't loose touch because I can't wait to see where life takes you.  The best is yet to come, my friend.  Love you and remember:
"Not everything is better in TEXAS...you'll always have the best of friends in KANSAS!"
Photobucket
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. So cute and so sweet! The party looks precious. : )) You had me at tease your hair ; )

    ReplyDelete