Sunday, January 4, 2015

Our Christmas

Per tradition, Christmas Day is spent at my parent's house.  This year we stayed the break at my in-law's house so after finding our Santa gifts (Mimi & Jim-dad spoil us) we headed over to my parent's for another wonderful Christmas celebration.
My 3 cowboys, my world.
My sister and her troop arrived a little later than us so Keeler had fun going through ALL the packages and making everyone a tower of presents in their assigned seat.  Over the year's we've figured out what works and where everyone belongs.
I tried to get a picture of the room... serious present overload!
We open one present at a time {this could kill an impatient kid} from youngest to oldest.
Oh, the joys!  Wonder what's in Jarret's sack??  Check it out here.
I had to sneak in a selfie with Kal to prove that I was there.  Love my little boy.
Kallahan, Jacey  and Grandma share a love for baby dolls.  Jacey was so sweet letting Kal play with her newest doll.  She carried this baby around all day long.
My mom is one of the most thoughtful gift givers.  She shops all year-round for everyone the most perfect gifts.  We truly appreciate the time and energy she puts into this one magical day.   
My parents wanted to get my sister and I one {more expensive} gift along with our others.  We debated on purses and such but once Shaeffer of Pinterest Told Me To... raved about her Lattice Cardy Uggs I knew they were a must... and so did my sister.
I have lived in them since.
We gave my dad some Texas Tech moccasins so it was only natural we take a footsie pic!
We always receive pajamas so as soon as we opened them, we slipped off our street clothes and got cozy.  It's Christmas, why not!?
I love our family Christmas!

In the evening, all my in-laws and one of my dad's coworkers came over for our traditional pajama / game night.
The kids have a blast playing...
and so do the big kids.  Here's our big boys after completing their tour of beer gift.  We're thinking about making this an annual tradition too.

The next few days we continued to have fun in Texas.
Tyler's brother made this horse racing game... we all thought it was so neat.
I love my two dads!

We went and saw the new Annie, went shopping...
took the little cowboys to Chuck E. Cheese's and just loved being around family.
Unfortunately, we ended our Texas trip on a sad note when we received news that Tyler's granddad in Idaho, Kaku, had passed away.  We last saw our beloved Kaku in May.  I will forever cherish this picture I snapped before Pops and Grandma Shirley left our house but not nearly as much as I will cherish the life lessons that Kaku has taught us all.  Live life to the fullest!   And that he did up until the very end.  
We love you Kaku.
Grandma always left six cinnamon rolls un-iced just for Kaku.
Tyler and I truly enjoyed our recent trip out to Idaho to celebrate your life. 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing your Christmas photos! I wish I could spend Christmas with my family too, it's been five years :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five years, I can't even imagine. Hope you get to visit your family again soon. I need to see that big boy!

      Delete
  2. Looks like yal had an amazing Christmas I am loving the matching pjs and those cardi boots are my fave since she has posted them.

    ReplyDelete