Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day!


We had a great Valentine’s weekend.  We decided to concentrate on celebrating with the little cowboys versus getting all mushy and romantic and I LOVED it!  I surprised all my cowboys with a special Valentine tin bucket filled with all their favorite things (candy, shampoo, Band-Aids, etc…) and then made Keeler’s favorite meal, spaghetti.  He was such a man when he said, “mom, me and dad need to get you a Valentine….  I have an idea, I know, this meal!”  My thought: how nice, give me a meal that I prepared for you, ha.  After we finished “my dinner”, Tyler built a fire and we played Candyland.  It was one of those days that I never wanted to end.

Look what my cowboys sent me today!!
Self-improvement
My friend Jill is organizing a local 5k on March 31st.  Initially I wasn’t going to be able to participate because this is the same weekend my Jr. Civic club is hosting our annual 5k. However, we have pushed our race out until April 28th…so this means I can run on March 31st.   I have not ran in FOREVER but I have been having the urge to get back into it so when I figured out this race was doable, I recruited a friend (that has also just had a baby) and we have started training.  Today we got up at 5am and went on a 2 mile run/walk/jog venture.  It was great but I discovered that I am so out of shape.  I experienced side cramps like I have never had before.  Immediately I knew why, Dr. Pepper.
"Hello, my name is Kelley and I am a Dr.Pepper-aholic."  I know that it is not good for me but when I got pregnant I started getting so tired I convinced myself that I needed one a day.  And since I had the baby I convinced myself that I needed one, maybe two a day because I am pumping and I needed the extra calories.  But in reality, I know that it is terrible for my health and that is why today marks my first day “Dr. Pepper Free.” Yes, I have quit cold turkey.  This morning, I have a caffeine headache, I am shaking and irritable but I know this will pass.  I did not drink any pop from 13 to 25 so I know I can survive.  I am going to replace the addiction with green tea, cheers everyone!

Photobucket

“Become addicted to constant and never-ending
self-improvement.”- Anthony J. D'Angelo

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blogs!
    Good luck with the no dp! I love green tea!
    ~Lorena

    ReplyDelete