Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy birthday to me...


It’s officially my last year in my twenties…eek!  
My birthday was Thursday and my little family and friends made me feel pretty special. My cowboys surprised me with a balloon bouquet and candy when I picked them up from granny’s – thanks granny!  Our great friends, Sam and Sabra took us to my new favorite place in town.  We enjoyed their company and we all enjoyed a yummy beergarita.    
Tyler surprised me with a chocolate cake AND cleaned the house – Best. Gift. Ever.  
I also found the cutest watch when I was out shopping with Martha. my friend/coworker.  So, I said, “Happy birthday to myself!”  
I received so many nice birthday texts, calls, cards and messages.  Thank you everyone for thinking of me!

On Saturday, I ran my first 5k since having the baby.  My goal was to not stop and run the entire race & I did it!  My running buddy, Kady, did awesome – I am going to have to kick it up a notch to get to her speed.  Way to go Kady, I am so proud of you and thanks for motivating me for our 5am runs.  We are planning on running our next 5k in May.  Our friend from work, Abel, also ran and he got first place in his division - he's pretty much a rock star!  

  On Saturday evening, my dear friend Jill and her family came over.  Her birthday is this Tuesday so we had a together party.  I always find a way to drag out the celebrations, ha!  Tyler grilled steaks, the kids played while Jill and I got to catch up.  The weather was so nice this weekend.  I forgot to take pictures - her boys are getting so big!

On Sunday, I played around taking pictures.  Again, the weather was perfect, we were all dressed up for church and waiting on Tyler to get home from morning farm chores - so why not?!  
I can sit-up on my on, just long enough for a quick pic!   
 Handsome little cowboy - looking so grownup
Just me!

We are looking forward to this coming Easter weekend. With the farm, Tyler has been back and forth on the possibility of traveling to Texas, but he finally reported that it's a go.  We can't wait to see both our families, get to see the Van Bakel's and FINALLY meet sweet Henry.  He's only 3 months but it feels like forever!  Here's to a great week and even a better Easter weekend!!

Photobucket

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. 
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 
Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday to You Me!

1 comment:

  1. We cannot wait either!!!!! We get in at noon on Sat. And will be ready to get the party started. See you guys so soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete