Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy 8 Months!

Dear Kallahan - You are 8 months old!
You are such a little sweetheart & we just love you to pieces.
I think you are starting to like us pretty well too. When you want someone or something you rapidly flap your little arms and legs and even screech with delight . You are so bouncy. Your crazy hair is getting longer. Ashley tried to use some gel on it this weekend but no luck. It was even crazier! Your new nickname is Wild-man and it is pretty fitting It's hilarious when you make these grunting sounds..
In this past month you have become more aware of your surroundings and are a little less comfortable with unfamiliar people. That’s not to say you aren't still one of the happiest and friendliest little babies I have even seen. You adore your big brother. He thinks it’s pretty special to carry you - with supervision. Brother also does a good job at keeping us aware of everything you are doing since you are so mobile now. You are not crawling on all fours but boy you get around by worming and army crawling. Taking your 8 month picture was a chore - you were just too busy. I couldn’t believe my eyes last week when I looked over and you were making a good attempt at pulling yourself up. Let’s not try that for a while, okay? We’re not ready for you to start walking yet! You have slowed down on the teething and still only have two teeth but I am sure more are coming soon.
Since Mommy works it makes it hard to not see you all day. I can’t exactly describe the feeling that I get as I get closer to Granny’s house to pick you and brother up each day. But I get this warm feeling in my tummy full of excitement with an outpour love and I just can’t get there fast enough. When I see both your little faces and get sweet hugs it can make the hardest of days just vanish from my mind.  My cowboys are my world.
Love always,
Mommy
Photobucket

Wherever I am, I have to create an atmosphere of peace and happiness for myself and for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment