Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

I've been slacking on the blogging front so I thought linking up for What's Up Wednesday would be a fun and easy way to do a quick post.  So here goes...


1// What we're eating this week...
   School is officially out for the summer so we're in full summer food mode.  We've been grilling (protein and veggies), the boys are loving all the fresh summer fruits and dining on the patio. 
Best of all it's great to have Keeler around for our lunch dates. This week I've been taking the little cowboys and their cousin to our house for a quick lunch and some playtime to give their granny a little break.

2// What I'm reminiscing about...
Oh boy! Oh boy! These little guys are a constant reminder that time goes by too quickly.  We had our annual neighborhood summer kick-off this past weekend with the best next door neighbors in the world.  God had a hand in placing our two families right next door to one another over three years ago... our boys were meant to grow up like brothers and us mommas needed the support - #boymoms have a special bond.  It's hard to watch them all grow and become more independent but I'm going to be right there treasuring every mud pie, water balloon fight, rabbit chase, etc...  
P.S. Another Berglund boy OR girl is arriving in July :)   

3// What I'm loving...
Spending more time outdoors. Whatever it is about summer break that makes life so much more simple, I'll take it!  Absolutely all of it. 

4// What we've been up to...
spending time with friends while Tyler's busy on the farm.  Last night we combined our weekly farmwives / farm kids dinner date by taking all the kiddos on a Ranger ride to check cows with Tyler.  Sweet little Becca fell asleep while I was holding her in the middle of a field - my heart is still smiling.
I'm also back running in the mornings with some of my favorite ladies. I'm loving the social time, now if the rest of my body could learn to enjoy it.  However,  I am shocked at my endurance and how well I am getting back in the groove.  The first morning out we did over 7 miles and I didn't die!

5// What I'm dreading...
One word, newsletter.  I have a deadline at work fast approaching.  Just getting started is the hardest part.

6// What I'm working on...
This week I cleaned out the garage.  The little cowboys cleaned up their farm equipment :)
I'm going to try to purge one room of the house every weekend this summer.

7// What I'm excited about...
V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!! Later in the summer we're headed to the beach with some of our dearest friends.    

8// What I'm WE're watching/reading...
Children's Books and more Children's Books!!
Friday we were invited to the year-end awards assembly at Keeler's school. We were called ahead of time and asked to keep it a surprise that he was being awarded for being "the most improved reader."  Tears instantly swelled in my eyes with pride while remembering all the struggles and hard work Keeler has put forth this year through Vision Therapy.  
We couldn't be more proud of this kiddo.  We want to continue to improve his reading so we have them both enrolled in a summer reading program.

9// What I'm listening to...
 at home all I really hear are boys :)


10// What I'm wearing...
shorts, shorts and more shorts.  My summer go-to is a cute pair of patterned shorts and a solid tee or tank.  This year I've picked up a few new shorts from TJ Maxx.  
*Sale Alert* My favorite Target vintage tees are 50% off right now - I'd suggest buying one in every color because they're only $5, folks!

11// What we're doing this weekend...
Our weekend actually starts today! We're going to celebrate this tall kid promoting to high school.  High school? Seriously, this auntie might shed a few tears over this milestone.  How is my little red-headed chubby baby going to high school already?
As for the rest of the weekend, if you need me... I'll be poolside.  


12// What I'm looking forward to next moNth...
a big family reunion / 50th wedding anniversary!!  I can't wait to spend a fun day with family that we don't get to see often enough.

13// What else is new...
 we're taking care of another bucket calf.  Poor Little Red has a broken leg but seems to be thriving.  Now if Kallahan could just remember to put on pants before he heads out to feed! #nopantsnoproblems

Photobucket
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - the last photo kills me! 😂 It looks like your summer is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley, Love keeping up with your family. Tyler has always been special to us and now we get to know his wife and kids! Proud of Keeler and his hard work. I know everyone will have a great time at the beach. Sheri

    ReplyDelete