Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Jakob's Promotion / Memorial Day Weekend

This past Thursday the little cowboys and I headed down south for my nephew, Jakob's 8th Grade Promotion and to spend time with family over Memorial Day weekend. 
At promotion. Kallahan and I set up in the top of the bleachers with our favorite, Jacey Mae, to take pictures.
Jakob looked so handsome in his suit.  Jakob was salutatorian of his class and had to give a speech...
Didn't he do awesome?!

Here I am acting like "that goofy aunt" with Jakob and his friend Collin {who feels like family}. We're soooo proud of these two guys!! They're officially high-schoolers. It feels like yesterday Jakob, the boy that first made me an aunt, was learning to walk {which quickly turned to running} & teaching me the true meaning of life - new life.

After the ceremony we enjoyed some sweet treats at the reception.
Then took some pictures with our fav grads.
My little cowboys look up to these two so much.  Thanks for always playing with them and spending time with them.  It means so much!
To end the night, I got to help chaperon their scavenger hunt.  I wanted to be with Jakob since I don't know many other kids in his class BUT I was quickly rethinking my request when his team consisted of the three fastest boys in 8th grade.  Seriously, like district track champions fast.  I was able to hang (luckily I'm back running), we had a lot of fun but unfortunately our team didn't win.

 
On Friday morning, we got up early for the other Samuel's end of year track & field day.  Yes, more running!  We started off with a color run.  I stayed with Kallahan.  Keeler blew past us and finished with the big boys.

{I LOVE this picture}
Samuel was super sweet and stayed with Kallahan the entire time.  Their endurance was very impressive.  Kallahan loved passing the other children and never stopped to walk.

Such a stud!

We finally met up with Keeler and the big boys at the finish line.
We had a blast at the color run!
Then it was over to the track for more events.  Kallahan again, decided he would compete with all the big kids.
Keeler mainly hung our with Jakob and Collin administering the games but he did stop to play tug-a-war.
 The rest of the weekend was a little more low key.  This picture above is so sweet and perfectly portrays Kallahan's admiration and love for our Jacey.
 We enjoyed time in the pool...
This picture says it all - pure joy!  Hello summer!
W helped Samantha get the house and yard ready for our upcoming family reunion / anniversary party... 
but most of all, enjoyed spending time with our fam bam.
I had to include this picture because Keeler's "kissy face" cracks me up!  We were trying to send a picture to Tyler ;)

Monday, on Memorial Day, I headed on home for work.  The little cowboys decided to stay for the week to enjoy some more family time.
I hope everyone enjoyed their long Memorial weekend as much as we did!  I always love this holiday as we remember our heroes and kick off summer.  


Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment