Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Redneck Tanking Trip

Rise and Shine it's Tanking Time!  Sunday we got up early and headed out for the little cowboy's and my first ever tanking trip!
It's been years since the river was deep enough.  I recall Tyler inviting me once in college but I passed.  I was still a little hesitant and didn't know what to expect but I went in with an open mind. Tyler said he loved going as a child and I'm all about making fun memories with my boys. So here we go...
All the way to the river we listened to "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" and "Paradise City." We're schooling these boys on the important things in life.  I love that Tyler still has some of our high school CD's floating around. 
When we arrived to the river Kallahan was super excited to see his bestie, Shalie.  She looked adorable in her patriot ensemble. 


We had quite a crew... eight tanks full.  Heather & Shalie did an awesome job coordinating the event.

We got situated and in our tanks. We called our's the "Fun Tank" - which included the youngest AND the oldest from the group.  Paul's grandma rode with us - she was so sweet.
And we're off!

Tyler embraced the patriot theme well ;)
Keeler was our captain.  He had ironically found an oar at the park about a month back and was clever enough to bring it along.
Lori was great with the little cowboys too.  They worked at catching bugs.
I was a little out of my element but all in all found the trip relaxing and I'm so glad we went.  I didn't even get wet.  I was pretty content with a bag full of snacks enjoying the sun and some pretty scenery.
The other tanks were pretty entertaining too!


Our first float was close to two hours. We all decided that needed to float one more time because it was so much fun.
Setting up for round two.
And we're off {again}!
Tyler was great with the little cowboys.  It was getting pretty hot so they wanted to spend more time in the water.  He just held them off and let them enjoy :)
Oh the joys!
As we were nearing the end Tyler asked Keeler, "Did you have a good time?"
His response..."I'm still having a good time!"
Cheers to our first tanking trip!! 
"Float through life, just take it easy, not too much stress, just, float." - Freja Beha Erichsen
Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment