Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Faux Christmas at Home

I'm back!  
My mom called this morning and asked, “Have you not done any blog posts lately?” She made me feel guilty but I was impressed that she cares.  To be honest I have just enjoyed the time off from work, away from all the deadlines and enjoying time with family.  I have wanted to catch up my blog but just haven’t made it a priority BUT I do have a lot to catch you up on so here goes...  
I’ll start with our little faux Christmas at home.  We decided to write Santa a letter and let him know we would be out of town for Christmas so if he had anything “big” it would be best to deliver it before we left town.  
On our mock Christmas Eve we had a nice dinner and then opened presents from each other.  It's always been my families tradition to do it this way and then Santa brings your main gift in the morning.  How about you, did you open anything on Christmas eve?
We were so impressed with howwell Kal did opening presents.  He concentratedon getting every shred of paper off his gifts. It was killing big brother, he wanted to help him just rip off the wrapping so wehad to hold him back :)  
One of Keeler's favorite gifts was a dry erase Crayola book from Kallahan.  He was so impressed that his little brother got him a gift. It was also great for our holiday traveling in the car.
This might be one of my favorite pictures EVER.  Look at this rock-star!!  
We concluded the evening by putting out milk and cookies for Santa.  
Then Tyler went over the neighbors (our secret hiding place)to pick up the boy's Gator while I ran and then filled the stockings. 
I was so excited for the little cowboys that I could hardly sleep.  I kept waking up and looking at the clock.  Christmas as a parent really is as exciting as it was when I was a kid!  Maybe even more exciting!! 
We were certain that Keeler would be up at 5am the next morning but he slept in.  This kid never sleeps in!  We finally started making noise at 8am to wake him.   
Thanks Santa for being so cooperative and following through with our request. :)  
Best of all, he brought the Gator with seat-belts!  Good news for little brother. 
#safetyfirst #crazybigbrotherdriver  

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow! a GATOR! Does it comes in pink? Haha...I have been checking your blog and I'm glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that Christmas is more exciting as a parent! Christmas Eve gift opening is something I miss but Jarret really likes to wait. One year they opened one gift early.

    ReplyDelete