Thursday, May 28, 2015

Our Memorial Day Weekend

Summer officially kicked off this weekend since Keeler's last day of school was Thursday.  To celebrate they had a little movie night in the basement and then on Friday we did a little decorating for Memorial Day weekend while eagerly waiting for our weekend house-guests to arrive.  
I think this is my first year to decorate for Memorial Day but I'm considering keeping everything up until after the 4th of July, why not?!
Keeler brought home all his paintings from school, all 144 of them.  I remembered that he had painted one with a flag so I surprised him and framed it as part of our decor... he was so proud!  "How'd you do that, mom?"
Our guests arrived a little after 10pm but the little cowboys insisted on waiting up.  The kids played a little and then it was off to bed.  
On Saturday we headed to the city to visit the zoo.
As soon as we walked up on this little brick / flower garden I recalled some past Memorial Day weekends spent visiting the zoo.
Looks like we missed a year in there but it's always fun to go back and see how much the little cowboys have grown.
Our friends this year were just not into taking pictures.  This is the only one I got with all four kids, lol!  
Those Smith kids are busy!
It's still been raining around here (hallelujah!!) so Tyler was able to go with us.  It's so great to have him around more this time of year.  I LOVE my handsome cowboys!
We had a lot of fun riding in the family bicycle around the zoo.  Well, I don't know how much "fun" Tyler and Shay had.... they had a nice workout though.

We stopped at the park and everyone had a great time.
Then it was time for a little froyo treat!  Miss B kept us all quite entertained.  This girl is so animated, she kept us laughing all weekend.
Then we headed back to the house for a nice dinner.  Our neighbor was so sweet and made us his famous monkey bread.  Who knew margaritas and monkey bread made such a great pairing? :)
We spent the remainder of the weekend playing outside with our silly kiddos.

The Smith's left early on Monday, Memorial Day.
Our little family, headed out to the farm for a bit and then back into town for a little Memorial Day picnic lunch.
  Kallahan and I took a glorious nap (darn allergies had me down over the weekend) and then all our neighbors got together and played games and gabbed most the afternoon and into the evening.  It was the best kind of day!
image via my instagram
 I am forever grateful for the men and women who have served and are currently serving for our freedom.  
Thank you is never enough.

Hope you all had an amazing long weekend with your family and friends.
Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment