Friday, August 26, 2011

Growing and Glowing...

Yesterday, I had my 34 week appointment.  At my last appointment I was measuring a few weeks small but we are back on track!  I measured right at 33-34 weeks and gained a little over two pounds.  The doctor reported that everything appears to be right on target.  We have our next appointment on Sept. 12th and thereafter we’ll start going every week.  As Tyler said, “we are about to enter where we have never entered before.”  He was referring to experiencing all the final stages of pregnancy that we missed out on since Keeler was early.  My doctor talked to us about actually “going into labor” and what to expect since this will be new to us as well.  In many ways I feel like this is my first experience since Keeler came in such a “shocking way” plus I was so medicated it all seems like a blur.  The thought of delivery is starting to make me a little anxious but that is nothing compared to the excitement I feel about meeting this little cowboy. 

After the appointment, Tyler and I went on a little date and enjoyed the afternoon together.  We went to a diner that Tyler recalls going to as a child.  It is the cutest place in Garden City called Traditions.  It’s a little soda shop / cafe that has been around since 1943.  They have restored the building with the original signs and décor to the way it looked in the mid 1950's. Tyler enjoyed a hot roast beef sandwich and sundae while I had a piece of coconut pie.  Then last night we had a Big Brother viewing party with Sam and Sabra.  Yes, we have our guys addicted to it too.  I was so much fun, we are considering making it a Thursday night tradition. TGIF!!

"You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times…

2 comments:

  1. I love Traditions! My mom and I go there a lot, and my grandparents used to take her when she was little. They have the best banana splits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try a banana split next time we go! Or perhaps us prego girls can go together sometime =) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete