Thursday, August 11, 2011

Just Grandma & Us...

            My mom made it to town this afternoon.  She was at Granny’s house right before I got off work to surprise my little cowboy.  We have had a great evening.  We ate dinner (leftovers), painted, read books and since Keeler went down we have started a movie.  Tomorrow, I have a doctor’s appointment in Garden City so Grandma, Keeler and I will head over bright and early.  After the appointment we are meeting Sabra and her mom for lunch and then to do some shopping.  My sister suggested that we take Keeler shopping for preschool supplies and some new clothes/shoes to really build up the excitement for school to help with the adjustment.  So far he seems really excited.  He was eager to tell Tyler that he was going shopping for “cheese sticks” for school.  We corrected him, “no you mean glue sticks.”
           My little cowboy did so well at his physical for preschool today.  He weighed 27lbs, was able to identify a circle and star for his vision test, answered all the doctor’s questions correctly such as, what street you live on, etc… and was very patient as we waited for the different tests.  The only thing that he goofed on what that he told her he was two but then said he was four.  When asked if he had any brothers or sisters he said yes and started naming all his cousins.  I had to step in and correct him on this one – she would have thought we were working on a football team!  I was so proud of how brave he was when they pricked his finger for a blood test.  He seemed so interested in the process and not scared at all.  The doctor said that he was very “cerebral.”  I smiled and knew it was a compliment regarding his brain but had to look it up when I got home – adj. “Appealing to or requiring the use of the intellect; intellectual rather than emotional.”  I am sure she gathered this from when he puts his finger on his chin, looks up to the sky, pauses and then gives you an answer.  Let’s just hope and pray that he always “thinks before he speaks.”


"Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"  (Winnie the Pooh)

No comments:

Post a Comment