Monday, August 22, 2011

Hairy Situations

Pregnancy Old Wives Tale #1:  If a pregnant woman experiences heartburn throughout the 9 months of pregnancy, she’ll have a baby born with a full head of hair.”  The proof is in the pictures, check out Keeler’s newborn pic:
            If I was a gambling women, I would say Kallahan is going to have a head of hair as well.  Just like I did with Keeler, I have started experiencing TERRIBLE heartburn in the middle of the night.  I know that there is no scientific proof to this wives tale but since I was NPO (no food / no drink) for almost two weeks leading up to Keeler’s delivery and still required Prilosec® in my IV – it’s got to mean something, right?  I guess we will have to wait and see if my prediction is true, in the meantime I will continue to pop Tums and sip on hot peppermint tea.  If you have any other suggestions, they would be much appreciated.  This morning, my boss told me to try drinking apple vinegar with a little bit of water, we will see how that goes.  I am up for anything!  I have not slept well the last two nights.
            Both my cowboys got haircuts this weekend.  Keeler has only had one other professional stylist experience since my mom and Tyler’s cousin typically cut his hair.  They are both retired stylists, it’s so nice to have them in the family to offer their services.  Keeler sat and watched Tyler get his haircut, this helped excite him because he is typically game for anything that daddy does.  When it was his turn he sat in the chair like such a big boy.  After the cut, she washed his hair and reported that it was the first kid she had shampooed in the sink.  Tyler informed me that it was an odd request but it was included in the package, so hey let’s get it done!  Even today, Keeler asked me, “do you like my haircut?”  He is very proud of himself.


“Hair today, gone tomorrow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment